I believe there is an ignition problem: The engine will light off immediately but when the key is returned to the run position the engine will immediately die. Engine is a 1969 440.

Distributer is an MSD Pro Billet. I am not using a box and I am not using a ballast resister.
This distributer was used for dyno runs so I believe it’s functioning properly. Coil is MSD blaster. Both are new units.

The car has a new “stock” engine wire harnesses installed. On this harness there is a blue wire that connects to the “factory coil”. I have this wire connected to the positive terminal on the Blaster coil.

The only other modifications to the electrical system is an electric fuel pump. It is powered directly from the alternator stud through a relay. I’m using the wire that would normally go to the ballast resister, a single blue wire, as a trigger wire for the fuel pump.

Is the blue wire that would normally go to a stock coil constant 12 volts? Would the fuel pump wiring have any effect on ignition? What do you think might be causing this condition?