I have been narrowing down my hoard and have gotten down to one ride. I kept the best of everything to build a 6-700 hp big block '74 Challenger. I even got the Gear Vendor OD, dana, etc.

It has been a couple of years since the car has been together for one reason or another (paint prison, broken elbo, health, etc.).

It finally hit me a few months ago when I was in Nevada, that driving a car like this cross country is going to cost me in more ways than I could shake a stick at...

I might be lucky to get a 100-150 miles to the tank in the mountains. Would there be gas stations, etc, etc.

I am now going in the stock motor direction for my car; 360, A500, 3.23 8 3/4, etc.

If you were building the motor for fuel mileage, torque, 87 octane, and just enough hp as to not require feeding the horses; how would you build it? I would like to stay with the LA engine even though I know that the magnum would be a plus. I found a '74 360 block for a foundation. I think a stroker might eat too much fuel. Any real world experience?

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!