Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I bought mine off Steve (PaintItBlack) as already mentioned...the problem was the spacing...Nothing too troublesome. I cut out the center openings and reset them to where I needed to be in the engine bay between my wiper motor and my MSD ignition...Little 'glass work and it looks fantastic...Before and after shots below

Pete did you transfer those measurement to steve so he can make one that fits ?

Did that start life as a hemi replacement or was it for the stage5 hemi intake ? What lid did you use ? And what the standoffs on the carbs ?

Started off life as a Stage V as it sat in the white. I removed both openings with a Dremel and a carbide saw blade. Relocated them to where the air cleaner could sit comfortably in front of my 3spd wiper motor (about 3/4") and slightly inside of my MSD distributor because it was so tall (about 1/2") Centered it on the carb's but I also needed it to drop down a little further because I have insulation on the inside of my hood.

I used the Stage V lid as well. It was going to be hard to relocate those bevels so the easier thing to do was dog-leg the mounting studs on the carb's and weld them on like that. Put a nut on the bottom section to jamb it up against stud opening.

When you say the standoff's on the carbs..what do you mean? I gave Steve all my measurements so he can have them on hand so he can create a more professional looking model. You can't see any of my work once the filter and lid are on. It didn't take long to make it, from when I received the assembly, to mapping out the correct position, cutting, duct taping it into place and then laying down the 'glass over the voids.....3 weeks...not bad for someone who doesn't work with it on a daily basis.

In a couple of pictures it looks like you have some spacer rings on the carbs ? where those just for your mock up purposes ?

What is the stud to stud spacing between the 2 carbs ? I'd like to compare it to a stock Hemi intake , I have both a stock Hemi and Stage V .