Thank you very much for the feedback Jules. I do agree with everything you said. See comments below in Bold.

Quote:

The brake/left and right lens do not go on the tubes.
They go on the black housing and then the plastic is lightly melted around the lens keeping them in place.
That is why the light tubes are sold all the same.

Yes, I noticed when I disassembled the cluster, that the indicator lenses were actually secured in the holes on the backside of the black plastic housing. The thin foam-like seals were there, but they were deteriorated, so I removed them. I had bought a set of new light tubes, and another member pointed out that they were all the same. I looked at my originals, and noticed they were not. I noticed that the lenses have notches in different positions/patterns to match their respective light tubes.

I figured, if I place the lenses in the holes of the black housing, I probably wouldn't get the notches to match up with the "tabs" in the light tubes. So, I decided to just put them into the light tubes, where I could accurately align the lens notches with the tabs in the tubes. I realize this was not how it was done originally. BTW - I ended up using 2 of my original tubes, and 1 new tube (see my post above from March 11th regarding my lenses and light tubes).

The texture inside the black housing is correct.

Thank you. I guess I just need to figure out the best way to get them "black" again. Any suggestion?

IMO and I repeat IMO. The gauge metal housing was bead blasted beyond requirement. It almost looks painted grey.
Too much of the metal surface finish was removed and thus you lost the original look
of the metal that was once poured.

I see your point, and respect your opinion. The photos may not do justice to Redline's work. I assure that in person, the housing does not look painted, although likely more pristine than how they were originally.

In one of your pictures , why is your OIL gauge already showing a reading?

That picture was taken by Redline. I believe at the time (before I picked up the cluster) they were in the process of bench testing the gauges. They were replying to a post on Cuda-Challenger regarding Amp to Volt meter conversions.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=67781.msg916382#msg916382

You can see in one of the other photos that I took, the gauge is not showing a reading.

The 2 rubber vibration grommets on the speedo should have been replaced as one already looks split.

I agree. Do you know where I can get these? They are dried-out/cracked, and I'd like to replace them.

The small round foam seals are available for the black plastic housing
light tube area. Contact Mr.Heaterbox 613-532-2587

I did buy a "cluster seal kit", and installed the new foam ring seals that go on the front-side of the the black plastic housing (the ones that seal the "back-side" of the light tubes to the housing). I believe these may be the same as what is available from Mr. Heaterbox. Do you know if his are the same?

Jules