Quote:

Quote:

used this type of setup to run the 42RH (A500) in my 5th ave...worked good....

but if you're planning on installing a 5.7 and keeping the OEM EFI, from a transmission control/drivability standpoint, you'd probably be miles ahead sticking with the 545RE that came behind the 5.7....

im gonna have the compute . Flashed and can eliminate the trans from it. So it wont know what trans is in there.. The 545 seems like its gonna take alot of work to the trans tunnel

yeah, you can get your hemi's computer flashed to a manual tranny flash to eliminate the transmission out of the equation, I think you'll still need a vehicle speed sensor to get everything on the engine to work right, but don't quote me on that....

I have a feeling the 518's kickdown/throttle cable or linkage will be a real PITA to try fabricate and get working properly, and you are somewhat limited on control options/flexibility using the vacuum and pressure switches like I did. drivability won't be as nice running a jerry rigged, non-electronic tranny vs. the 545 which is integrated into the control of the engine...up to you if it's worth doing to save cutting up your floorpan/crossmember....

another option that I bet would work well with the 5.7 without floorpan mods would be an A833OD....the 5.7 in my '11 charger has an extremely wide powerband, and the A833OD in my duster (behind a slant6) has somewhat wide gear spacing, but I think would work quite well with a stock/near stock 5.7's HP and torque curve.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)