I had come to the conclusion that the early 68 b-bodies had the one piece roof liner going all the way down to the bottom of the rear piller. This style did have a small piece of cardboard hidden under the liner that was held onto the piller by a single nail type pin. It is hard to find pictures of this style installed with no wrinkles. I spent hours making mine perfect.

The later 68 b-bodies that I have worked on, all had the 69 style roof liner that stops part way down the rear piller, and then uses the visible cardboard sail panels to cover the bottom of the piller. These cardboard panels are a little bigger than the earlier hidden style cardboard. Depending on the trim level of the car this cover can be either covered with vinyl roof liner material or just colored cardboard. It is held on with two door panel style clips. This style roof liner was much faster & easier to install without the wrinkles.

So, for anyone that wants the later 68 roof liner & sail panels, you need to order them for a 69 or they may send you the wrong one.

If you don't have these vertical gripper teeth on the rear piller then you need the 68 style roof liner and sail panel.

7588419-4spd092.jpg (1202 downloads)
Last edited by chromedome426; 02/14/13 06:39 PM.