Quote:

A 426 Hemi has basically no power compared to a 572 Hemi. A 572 flat tappet single 4 barrel makes 800 horsepower. Thats over 100 HP more than a Pro Stock Hemi made in 1970 with 2 Dominators on a tunnel ram with a roller cam. The 572 shifts at 6500 RPM's and lives forever. The old Pro Stock 426 lives a few months until the pressures of high rpm's and stiff valve train blow up.

If you are building a new Hemi & it dosn't have to meet any cubic inch rules why would you not go bigger? With the better materials, machining & quality control these days the rotating weights of many of these stroker combs is getting down to small block rotating weights so the big engines will rev freely, unloke the strokers from years ago.

Let's say you built a 572 with 800 HP as above, that would be around 1.4 HP per cube, apply that to your 426 & you get 600 HP, I think the guy with 200 extra HP will drive right past you.

I have been for a ride in a 4000 lb '72 Roadrunner street/show car that has a 605 Indy Hemi that has 900 HP, 850 ft/lbs & the guy drove it 2000 miles return trip to get to my end of the country, he red lines it at 6,700, he has a ball & has done for years.

There is no replacement for displacement!