Quote:

I make overlays out of 3M DiNoc. DiNoc was the brand used back in the day but back then it had a paper backing. The new stuff isn't paper backed but is thick, embossed and the dark Walnut color (they don't have the lighter cashmere color). Oh, and the 3M stuff only shrinks a few thou. Maybe .010 or .015 max (I actually cut my material in strips and allow it to shrink/normalize before cutting it) It's used in commercial architectural applications like elevator interiors. The seams on something in your face like that cant be allowed to shrink 1/4".

Just want to let everyone know that I just applied Jim's woodgrain overlays to my Challenger door panel insert plates and my 4-spd console plate. This was a project I started just recently. I tried someone else's woodgrain, and was unhappy with the product and the end result. Then I tried Performance Car Graphics' product. Not satisfied at all, and it was a nightmare trimming the intentionally oversized console overlay with an exacto knife as instructed. I found DMT's woodgrain overlay products on ebay. Already very much satisfied with Jim's heater-box rebuild kit and firewall gasket set (as-well-as outstanding customer service), I purchased the overlays, got them last week, and installed them last night. Everyone should know that these are the ONLY woodgrain overlays that should be bought/used. They were very easy to apply, and the quality of the 3M DiNoc is superb. Thanks Jim for all the passion you put into your products.