Quote:

another member here on moparts with a green stepside used a hardshell top from a Dakota.

it fit good and was ez to fab a hinge/supports for it.IIRC

sure looks good and I have been waiting to find a good one for my 85 stepside.

Thanks for the props Scratchy.

Yes, It was pointed out to me several years ago when I was looking that a Dakota would fit the stepside--as far as overall dimensions. I came across a hard cover from a Moparts member at that time for $100. Up until that point, I was going to buy a Extang full tilt model as that is what is on my Dakota and wifre '95 Ram and I love those covers.

I did have to drill holes into the top of my rails to attach the covers rails and I had to remove the hydraulic props and latching hardware because of interference issues and will have to modify these later (6 years later I still haven't got to it although it should be a pretty simple project from what I can see). The issue was a regular pickup bed has a under rail area for things to mount and hide without drilling, a step side does not have that as the under rail part is on the outside of the bed. If you use the right length screws you will not see anything from the outside. You really have to bend way down and under my truck to see the bolts going through. Only down side is if I ever remove it I will have holes in the rails that would have to be welded back shut--but I don't ever intend to do that.

But the best part was I was able to paint it to color coordinate it to the truck.

Outcast Dodge guy.