Quote:

that's why i'm asking,i don't see anyone advertising a hand or cnc port for x amount of cam.i guess i should have asked if it would be worth the change from 290 to 315.i'm not dwelling on big numbers just wandering if it's worth the extra$ to have heads ported.thanks,sam.

Did you have your heads checked or are you going by advertized flow numbers? I've never had a set of heads on my bench yet that have matched their advertized numbers. Numbers sell and high number sell more. It takes me about 3 minutes to check calibration on my bench and every set of heads I do I show a customer before and after numbers. If you have someone port the heads, please have him do the intake manifold to. Its a shame to have a nice set of ported heads and choke the numbers back down with a stock intake. I don't want to trash your thread but if you want I can pm you some numbers on a set of chevy dart platinum 215 heads and before and after numbers with a stock victor jr, intake and a ported one. You won't believe the difference.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time