Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Years ago, I used to run local S/P with an 11.50 footbrake car, and I did win a number of races. Since then, I have seen lobbying from the RED guys for 1/8th mile, crosstalk, across the line burnouts, onboard computers, and ETC. Every one of these changes gave them another advantage. Now you see few door cars in S/P, many tracks have taken to running dragster and door car seperate for a few rounds to compensate. I have no fear of running a 7.20 dragster in S/P with my 10.30 door car on a 1/4 mile. On 1/8th mile, it burns my rear end to look over at a dragster and see the driver with his head straight forward and running dead on to my .01 over. Yes, he probably treed me, too, but the 1/8th took away my ability to play a little on the top end. Only a few of these new breed of drivers play the top end at all, they dial in with a weather station, let go of the button, drive it all out, then look at the numbers on the slip.

Wow, thats just the opposite as what I have seen at Norwalk. There are alot of guys that play the stripe. Some will spray to get by you then back into you as they approach the stripe. I think it takes some of the advantages away from a RED. Of course you better have your act together either way!
My opinion, lets race. 660 or 1320, the car will run either. Its just a bracket car and everybody knows they are boring and anyone can do it! Beep

I agree beep... Many people still play the strip.. I love setting at the finish line and watching... Much better at big money races.. Guys praying and dumping... I'll race at any distance they want.. I have talk to many loca racers and they all like the idea of trails running 1/8 mile.

I have only heard of S/pro changing what about the pro class is that class changing also?

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.