Quote:

Quote:

Also if the battery has gone dead or been drawn down to a low voltage the PCM can forget the idle IAC setting and has to relearn it which takes some time and of course it wont hold and idle when its relearning the IAC steps.

What He said

Before you do anything....reset the PCM and let it relearn the IAC counts
Discon the battery for a minute or so, reconnect and turn the key to run (DO NOT just get in and start it) count to 10 and then start it, this allows the PCM to run the IAC pintle in and learn where it is.

Mopars are terrible for losing the IAC count with a marginal battery or poor cable connections, The PCM goes mental when the voltage hits 9 volts, That is very easy to do with a marginal batt/cable and still have it start.
This is why you will see/hear of so many that have idle issues after a jump start.

It still amazes me how many get towed in for silly stuff like this.

Edit...Only stepper motor(4 wire) IAC`s which you have are susceptible to this, newer stuff with A linear motor will not do it.

Rick

How is going Rick ? I forgot about turning the key on for 10 seconds as I also did that. But I have been out of the buiness for 2 years and am starting to forget some things. I remeber the two wire Linear IAC's and I thougt they started about 2006 but I may be wrong. I also remember some of them went to a hall efect TPS around that time. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 12/24/12 04:04 PM.