I am thinking Cruz had no issue with racing there.
His widow , on the other hand..............

But as stated , the corporation that sold the track retains liability and the new owners should have no issue.
NHRA will still be involved and will share liability with the former owners , or entity which claimed ownership.
NHRA in my estimation took sanctioning fees from them , like so many other tracks , and then handed off a set of guidelines , rules and requirements that the track should have followed.
Few do.....at least not to the letter of the rules.
Most do a pretty fair job from my experience , but we have all seen lapses in varying degrees of severity.
The insurance carrier for the track 's former ownership will eat the bulk and NHRA will maybe be on the hook for a portion if this plays out according to Hoyle.
This sounds like it was probably avoidable to a certain extent , and that indicates fault.
He may well have still died with a top notch safety crew and equipment that worked , but a jury is going to hear otherwise if it gets that far.
I smell a settlement , and personal responsibility has nothing to do with it......though greed might.
If this does get to a jury , I doubt it would end well for the defendant.