My car was built 12/71 is FE5 and has the G36 and V21(seen above in this thread) and from what I've seen not all cars in the listed colors seem to have had the color keyed grille. It was theorized by one member that just as in the 71 Cuda production the supply may have had an effect on the what they actually assembled the cars with. I think that the option was seen in early built cars.

Checking over the option sheet the G36 and grille must be a seperate deal. I've personally only seen it on V21 cars and on one B5 blue car (online) that was repainted, not sure if it was added. I was basing my assumption that the G36 and color keyed grille were tied together some how, from what I had seen. I've only seen the painted grille on cars with painted mirrors and V21. (The orange car with the Hemi and shaker is/was also a V21 car).

The Cyber Cuda does not currently have a color keyed grille. Wonder what it's build date was, and if it ever had one?

I'd guess the built date and plant would coincide on cars with the painted grilles. I am going to start contacting the members I know of with these cars for build sheet and data tag info

Moparclown Thanks, if you can post extreme close ups of the paint , texture and termination point tape lines that would a huge help. So not texture found on the painted portion of the grille to indicate it had Argent sanded off?

6bblgt if you could do the same that would be great.

I imagine a few of these cars with this option would have had broken grilles replaced with Argetn units over the years and who could tell and how?

I spoke with a buddy and am planning to go look thru a factory manual tonight that MAY have some data on this option

Last edited by UCUDANT; 10/11/12 02:01 PM.