I only have 7" rims on the back of mine, which I will be scrapping in favor of 10" rims when I buy tires again. To be fair, the 275's look a lot more narrow on 7" wide rims than they do on a 9 or 10" rim.

To be fair, the 275's aren't bad, and really, if you want a pure street tire, the 295 is about as wide as is easily available. The 295's are about 1-1.5" shorter overall than a 275/60/15 or a 325/50/15, but the 295 should be about an inch wider than a 275 but an inch narrower than a 325.

I like the white letter tire look as well, and duplicolor sells a tire paint pen you can use to color in the letters on your tires if you buy ones that are not RWL.

If the back of your car is not jacked up super high like mine, you would be happy with the 295's. The back of mine is lifted so high that it would look odd for me to give up any tire diameter. I'll be going with the bfg drag radials, or maybe the m/t et streets if I'm feeling it, but if you want a pure street tire, you're probably best off with the 295/50/15 in the regular bfg line.