Well this pulling season wasn't exactly what we wanted but it was still a learning experience with the new engine and drive line set up.

As most of you know I sold my 640ci B1-TS engine last year and Purchased a 5 inch Borespace 650ci hemi from Todd Goodwin over the winter.

Also I had to upgrade the transmission. So I went with a modified Powerglide that was set up only to run in direct. Built by BTE. The converter I purchased was a 10.5 from Neal Chance. I ordered an exact copy of a converter that another Mod guy uses with a Sonny Hemi and hoped it was going to be fine in my application. First time out and it was grabbing at 2300rpm.... Now can anyone guess how happy that 650 Hemi was trying to pull out at 2300rpm? So called Neal Chance and they sent me a new one free of charge that was suppose to flash closer to 4500-5000 like it was suppose to. Second converter we got flashed at 2800-3000.... They sent us a third one that flashed close to 3800.... At this point we weren't pulling the engine out again and just kept that one. Called Neil Chance at the end of the season and they are 100% willing to exchange it again until we are happy.

Anyways during these 6-7 events we had our "new" style front hub locker break 3 times... Through that in the garbage and went back to the trusted Detroit locker in the front.

We had a bouncing problem at the start of the season because the Club bought a new skid and it hooked much different then the last. What solved this problem was running different ratio's front and back. We found the ratio gap was a bit to large so next year we will be closing the gap with hopefully not bringing the rear end hop back.

Our plans for next year are
-Make a decision on trusting the Detroit locker in the front all season.
-Having a new style sharpening cut done to the tires.
-Getting the ratios of the front and rear differential a little closer.
-Get the torque Converter right!
-Run the entire season so we can be in the race for points champ!

So here is a video of the last pull of the season. You can hear the engine sing up to about 8700rpm in this run

I'll post some pics of the inside of the engine also!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rp52kyMvwk

7489558-action2012.jpg (99 downloads)