Quote:

OK, I have asked on here sooo many times I feel anoying by this time, but I am still seriously searching for the correct shifter bezel for this truck. Its completely different than any other cable shifted dash mounted bezel we have found, and we have bought MANY! This one has got a little shorter spacing than any of the other bezels we have. I dont have any measurements right now, but I will get them tonight from my uncle.

The bezel we thought was correct was off of a 65 dodge d100 with a 318 and a cable shifter 727, well it was correct in every way except the throw distance.

It was longer. So I am asuming the 426 wedge or big block trucks used a special setup, and since there are so few out there I cant find one. I dont know if there ever was a 383, or 361 powered d100 with an auto in it, but I would think that one would work.

my guess is the bezel difference is between the dual cable shifter used in 65 and the single cable shifter which was used from 66-68 in trucks, and many other 66 and later vehicles like A100's and motorhomes etc. Since 1961-1964 pickups had a pushbutton, 65's had a dual cable dash shift and 66-68 pickups had a single cable dash shift that would make the 65 version quite uncommon. One year deal.
There should be no difference in the shifter between big blocks and small blocks or even slant 6's since they all had 727's at that time. The reason they went to a single cable shifter in 66 is because Chrysler switched to the "modern" 727 with the lever and internal park linkage in 66 across the board. Until 64, the transmissions had no park with only the small trans mounted drum park brake in light trucks, and in 65 they transmission had the cable operated park mechanism like was used in the 62-65 B body cars and 63-65 C bodies
The throws on the two types of dash shifters were different so it makes sense that the detents int he face plate would be different too.

Last edited by demon; 11/29/12 01:13 AM.