Quote:

Quote:

can anybody here can redo original shift handles to its original new condition? Thanks

The originals are plastic and there are many repops available for a reasonable price. I would go that route.

If you want orignial plastic grips, I got a set of repops that are probably as accurate as original. I'll give them to you.

If you mean the chrome on the metal, any decent chrome shop can do that for you as well. I have an EXCELLENT shop near me, it's in Piqua Oh, called D&D Brightworks.

I carved my own wood grips with a pocket knife. they were not too bad, but if I was going to do it again, I'd break out the power tools. All I used on the pair I made was my old trusty boy scout pocket knife. It was a pride thing.

But, there's only so much I can do with a knife blade, especially around the complex compound curves of the left piece with the "thumb ridge" on it...Plus I used exotic African ebony hard wood, with the extreme dark and white streaks in the grain. that wood is the hardest wood I've ever carved!!
Picture of wood:

(NOTE: this wood is so dense/hard, that it actually SINKS in water!!)

With much softer wood like oak, and a dremel to help out, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult at all to carve your own if you have a set of originals to copy from.

**Photobucket sucks**