Quote:

I used to sell tires, and I can tell you that all trailer tires are crap. Didn't matter what brand GoodYear, Carlisle they all fail inside of 5 years. Don't buy in to that LT tires won't work on a trailer BS. I put LT 235/75/15 C load range tires on my trailers, my fathers trailer, my uncles trailer, 3 of my racing buddies trailers. Not one issue, not one failure. If the LT tires on my 3 ton turbo diesel tow rig don't go to crap every time I turn around, seems logical that they would work as well under the trailer, and they have.
Michelin
BF Goodrich
Cooper
Good Year = worst tire brand I ever saw, nothing but advertising and gimmics. Easily the highest failure rate of all the tires I sold.
Don't buy no name tires made in 3rd world countries.

That has not been my experience with 16" Goodyears tires on my 49' trailer with a full alky operation inside.

The trailer is very heavy with 3 motors, 3 trans, a few hundred clutch disc, and clutch grinder, 30 cases of motor oil, 100 gals of fresh water, genset, fuel tank for the genset and lot's more including tons of parts and tools. I ran that trailer for 125K miles and never had a blowwout.

That's why I like Goodyear, plus like I said above I have run my 15" Goodyears at 75 mph for over 50K miles in just the last 3 years and no blowouts.

Did I get lucky? I don't think so. I run all my trailer tires 10 pounds over what the sidewall says. Been doing it for 20 years. Do you know about that? since you used to sell tires?