adjust the fade? simple. push the button for fade, turn the knob. it does have a CD slot, the face slides down and out of the way, and you put the CD in. skipping tracks is as easy as hitting one of the buttons.

but, I've embraced the new age. I don't fumble around with CDs, having them clutter up my interior, causing a distraction while driving when you're on a road trip and have heard the same CD 3 times over already. I use an Emm Pee Three player. holds about a bajillion songs, and switching songs/play lists, skipping a track here and there, is a simple feat that's way less distracting than ejecting a CD, finding a case to put it into, find the next CD you want, open it, put it into the head unit, then store away the case so it doesn't get damaged sitting there open on the seat/floor, etc.

you make it sound like aftermarket head units cannot be controlled like stock systems

and who is constantly adjusting fade/balance anyway? Once you set your EQ settings for the sound stage/image that you want, you don't mess with them again...or at least I don't.

but, different strokes! I'm sure there are some guys on here who prefer to have AM only radio stations with mono-channel sound.

**Photobucket sucks**