Quote:

are you aware of any kits available to really make it handle? I'm not sure but is it possible to lower the car? I know i can with the front torsion bar setup but im not sure about the back. I don't have a 727 laying around but i do have the original 904 or 999 I'm not sure which it had but would either of these hold up to a warmed up 318? maybe with a rebuild or shift kit? Thanks for your advice by the way.

I gave you the info about the factory S-21 option for a number of reasons.

I was in the factory when we were building these cars. We built thousands of these for years. These cars did a pretty good job of carving corners at stock body heights and 225/70/15 tires.

I am suggesting that you can get everything you need from a wrecker, (if you can find one who didn't scrap them all out).

Every so often a well cared for police car from the era does show up for sale pretty cheap.

The 904/999 can do the job. Plenty of upgrade parts are available at reasonable cost.

I suggest to be carefull on how low you make the front end of this car. If you choose to run good headers; you can easily flatten 3 tubes on the crowning of the road in one intersection at high speed. Good, early 340 exhaust manifolds work pretty good, and true dual exhaust pipes exiting on the passenger side rear were available on Imperials in the 1981 or so era. They were also very common in Mexico on a model they called a Dart.

Lowering the back can be done by doing some homework on rear front spring hangers. An example would be to locate a set of superstock F body front hangers. They are about 6 to eight inches long. They can be cut short (to stock length), and drilled for holes where you need them. You can make 3 to 4 sets of holes and get the ride height you are looking for.

If you are stuck for locating the swaybars/springs/wheels from a S-21
package car, I have most of those items, but I am in Canada.

Last edited by racealittle; 10/01/12 09:52 PM.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!