In the attached picture the check ball in question is in the top center of the transfer plate picture on the right. Just left of where the filter is listed. I am installing the kit according to the hot rod - off road - street/strip -- full race configuration. To me I fall under the "street/strip" designation. 727 is stock including the torque converter.

Question is do I take this check ball out (check ball was present in my stock VB) or leave it in? Based on exact wording it should stay as it says to only remove for off road - full race - hot rod (doesn't mention street-strip). However, as instructions leave a bit to be desired wanted to confirm that street/strip was just not left out inadvertently. As an example I have read in the past that instruction #2 on the same instruction page that says to drill the pictured separator plate hole out to 3/16th should be followed even on a street car if hole r is not present, but "street/strip" is not listed in the instruction there either. so i guess question 2 is whether or not anyone disagree with drilling that hole out to 3/16th for a street.strip application? my separator plate has only 1 smaller hole there now and no checkball under that location in the transfer plate

figured now is the time to ask as it is simple to deal with now.

TIA

7384185-checkball.jpg (931 downloads)