Quote:

Those tires are worth $$$ to the Corvette guys who will use them for "Original Spares"
Wear on them doesn't hurt as long as the letters look good

Old OE tires were bringing good money a few years ago when there was lots of easy cash in the hobby, but that seems to have pretty much ended along with most of the big $$ restorations of average cars. There are a couple of Corvette shops on eBay that have been listing the same "old" tires for months with their $300-$500 each pricing & they're not selling.

Quote:

My 70 LS5 2 top 4Speed car came with all 5 of them from the original owner
I still have a photo copy of the window sticker that I can check
I do C1 & C2 cars mostly & got the 70 on a deal on restoring another C1 that the guy bought new
I could be wrong though!

I don't think the H60-15 Goodyear Polyglas GT even existed in '70. While you are looking for the window sticker, get the DOT numbers off your H60-15s & we'll see when they were made. Does the H60-15 fit in the spare tire carrier? They are a BIG tire.
If it lists F70-15 fiberglass "white stripe" - I have a great set of lightly used with '69 dates. Former NOS OE restoration tires removed for radials to drive on.

Know your C2s? Did any of the '67s use a F70-15? This NOS set of December '66 dated Goodyear SPEEDWAYs are on their second go around on eBay. $1600 sounds cheap to me for an OE 'Vette restoration, or would the dates be considered too early for a '68?

SPEEDWAYs