Quote:

Quote:

been pulling it out all day trying to figure this thing out,,so here go's My buddies Walt(WJ440)and Chad Bittle aer putting a D60 in their project car, it origionally had a 4.10 gear, so they got what is supposed to be the right Moser spool and Richmond 4.10 gear, but it won't fit the housing, it rideing the pinion teeth and there is no backlash to be had as it is solid up against the housing at the tube area,, the silly part is the ring or pinion has no markings for the pinion depth or backlash , we cannot figure if the spool is at fault or the ring and pinion, what do you guys suggest.

Try removing all the shims on the passenger side and put them on the drivers side, another thing is to remove the pinion gear and reinstall the spool and ring gear, check it for run out. It shouldn't exceed .003 total. Lots of gremlins lurking out there It's our job to find and fix them

this is a moser 4 series spool and the Richmond 4.10 street gear, according to Jegs and moser this is the combo to use, I may not of been clear with my explanation,, the spool bearing is completely tight against the housing, and the gear teeth are bottomed out in the pinion teeth, there is absolutly no back lash and you can feel the teeth bind up at each tooth mesh, we are not sure which is wrong, I know I miced the overall thickness of both the new ring gear and the one from the housing and the new one is approx .020 thicker eather the ring gear is too thick or the spool was machined wrong throwing the gear toward the pinion too far, but like I said there is no pinion depth or back lash marking on the set.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.