How's it going guys? I got one that I can't seem to figure out. This is my 383 dual quad motor in my 1956 plymouth belvedere. I got it running and even drove it around the block, getting close to driving the wheels off of it! But For some reason, it seems after your give it half throttle or more, it will want to die. If you let it sit for a minute it will fire back up and I can limp it home. It also seems to run great at idle but then after about 10 minutes of running it will want to sputter out and die even if you try to give it gas. It will not start right after, but wait 5 minutes and then it will fire up again. It also seems like the motor doesn't want to go over 4,000 rpm which I think is weird. What do you guys think? Timing? carb adjustments? I played around with both but no improvement. Here is a video of it running when I got it out of the shop before my first test drive, it seems all good but during my test drive it died on me half way around the block, sat for a minute, then fired it back up and drove home. I would really like to get it ready for the mopar show at the sacramento raceway this sunday. Any advice? thanks guys!

http://youtu.be/W8yB0aNbxh0

Last edited by MrBelvedere2; 09/05/12 02:57 AM.

1965 Plymouth Belvedere II hardtop