Quote:

That Charger looks just like a car that used to be pink, that ran out East, usually Lebanon Valley. A kid from CT or MA. owned it, and at that time ( 7-10 years ago) his buddy was running B1/BS heads on a Duster, both cars were running in the 8's, with the Charger usually right in the 8.70-8.90 range. Same car by any chance?

Tim has owned and raced that car for probably 30+ years. I never remember him in any other car except it. If I still had a scanner hooked up I would scan some pictures of it from the 70's when it was blue. For years it was the craziest leaving car you ever saw with the front left tire about 18" higher than the right. He had a terrible tranny explosion at Norwalk years ago and switched it over to a powerglide. He touched the wall at Quaker about 5-7 years ago and had it repainted. Its been running 8's for years and would crack a 400 block almost every year so he finally upgraded to an Indy block. Everyone always says you lose ET going to aluminum but when Tom H. dynoed it with the same combo it was only down 6hp and ran exactly the same and never used a vacuum pump on either engine. Sometimes we try to outsmart our self's.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time