Quote:

Please excuse my ignorance/lack of knowledge in this subject. But, I just wonder, what kind of money are you talkin' to drop off a gutted unibody Mopar at a reputable chassis shop and haul it home as a rolling tube chassis car? I have a car, that I've had forever and it's rotted to death from one end to the other. To make matters worse, one of the last times I drove it in 1995, a 16 year old kid pulled out in front of me and I almost missed her but did catch her with the right headlight. The car was "soft" then already. So now its tweaked and rotted. I can't bring myself to part it out and scrap it. So it sits... For now. While I enjoy other cars. Sometimes I think having it done as a tube chassis drag/prostreet car might be a better route to save this car than going through the task of rebuilding the unibody.

There are so many options when doing a car like that, it's basically impossible to put a number on it without narrowing down exactly what you'd like to have.

A basic 2x3 mild steel car, w/ladder bars, A-arms, etc., vs a round tube moly car, w/4-link, struts and all the bells.....is night and day in the price department.

Wheelie bars alone can range from a few hundred bucks to thousands and there are 100s of examples just like that when building a complete car.

Something really crazy, nose to tail, STARTS at about $150,000.....ready to drive.