Well, this is different and certainly should be interesting! I've been around the MOPARTS forums since the very early days but have been (so-to-speak) stuck in the drag racing 'groove'. Having been a drag racer (stock & super stock since '71), and not being able to sell this car as it was, it's being converted to street-duty, and up-to-this-point has been an intersting and somewhat disappointing adventure, but that seems to be changing. All of the hard-core racing parts and suspension have been removed/sold and the 'tamer' street-type components have begun to appear, BUT...the competitive spirit seems to have raised it's ugly little head once again; you know, the one that wants to twist the wheel under power, so I could be in a heap a trouble here too!

So wheel-twisters, here's what I've got and here's what I need from this 'handlers' forum: a good handling package for this old 1971 B-body. As it sits, the car's a former stock eliminator drag car, frames tied (quite well), 8 pt roll bar (a new mild steel cage in the basement, oh oh!), new 1.03" torsion bars, LCA stiffener plates, torque boxes, removed the D60 and am currently building an 8-3/4 w/powr-lok and after-market axles, looking at 16x8 steel wheels and Z-rated Falken 255-50-16 tires. Since this will be a 'street car' I opted to NOT go the 'pro street' route as I want good handling not insanity with the real 450-475 hp 440/4 spd that should give adaquate performance. You may have noticed I didn't fill in the suspension blanks, that's where y'all come in. BTW being as I DO like to lean on the loud pedal, there's a good possibility this old girl will see the likes of Thunder Hill and maybe some autocross action, so by-all-means, add your .02! Thanks...wb