Quote:

Quote:

Doug,
Per the 1970 Dodge Data Book it was NOT available with a 4 speed.

D, we know the data books are a pretty good resource but we also know there are mistakes and the books were updated. The combo was available in '70.

Yes, they were updated. Do you have an example of one that updated this combo becoming available?
I see you original FT example showing it which proves at least one was built. This comes full circle to the origin of this post regarding the availability of 440-4 speed-A/C. Althought you FT example is a 383 Super Bee but follows right along with this entire discussion/senario. That is a very heavily equipped Super Bee. The very kind of car we saw new that factory execs or their kids were driving. Could this have been one built for them with something NOT available per the Data Book or was the book changed so anyone could order it? Do you have any other examples of this being available?

Also regarding the "N" engine code in the V.I.N. there has always been confusion as to it true meaning as to h.p.
They made 3 different 383s but only show 2 different V.I.N. codes, 383-2 and 383-4. however we know that there are 2 different 383-4s, the 330 and 335 h.p. Without a B.S. you can never be sure how the car was actually built with regard to which cam it had. If you have the original untouched engine in the car that is a different thing but that is rare in these 40+ year old cars.