Hello everyone, I know this has been beat like the proverbial horse. But, I think I have a new one. Put together a 512 stroker with 440Source stuff. Crank has NO knurl. Engine leaked oil like the Exon Valdese from day one. Started leaking even after primed, before starting! I used the Mancini retainer with side square seals. SO, I pulled that out and put in one from 440Source and their seals. Well, leaked just as bad. I've included a picture of how the seal is installed. I just did a 383 for a friend installed the same way and his is dry. Today, pulled apart again including pulling the trans, flywheel etc. I really was hoping to find a pipe plug leaking down. Well, dry as a bone. (wasted all that time!). NOW, I'm checking the pan. It is a new, hemi pan from 440Source. If I lay it flat with a flashlight under it, I can see light from the rail areas. At first I was using the windage tray from 440Source with 2 cork gaskets, I then bought the one piece, re-usable windage tray pn 555-502001 from Jegs, same leak with both types. Anyone have trouble with the Source oil pans? Any way to "flatted" these out? What about forgetting the windage tray and using 2 gaskets? If this was a drip, I wouldn't mind. But, this is a bad leak at the rear corner of the pan area. I don't think it is the rear seal, IT's leaking too bad! Any ideas?? Thanks!! Jeff

7292707-seal.jpg (84 downloads)
Last edited by 1969RR; 07/14/12 09:57 PM.