Fusible link wire plastic connecter melted that plugs into the main red wire , located drivers side fender harness on 70 cuda ? Wire connection was tight together, as were both connectors tight on the wires. With the key in forword run position (but no lights or acc on)blue wire fusible link side connecter is very hot and when I pull them appart there is a large spark.
Please help me troubleshoot. History; after a short drive home in a little rain yesterday with road lamps on for others to see me, I got home Ok but when I lifted the hood to see my engine bay was mostly dry I found the Fusible link wire black plastic connecter melted where it plugs into the main hot red wire feed that goes back to firewall bulk head area. Note When I turn the key forword to the run position (no lights or no road lamps on yet)this fitting get burning hot in 1 min, and with key in back acc position no heating until lights turned on. Been driving this cuda for several years with out any electrical problems. It has fairly new (8yr old) repro engine & dash harness. Please help me toubleshoot , I have a electricical multi-meter , so where should I start ?
thanks Doug. Please send help to my email if you have the time, dougandcindy@eastlink.ca