The Dodge motor home plant was called "Sherwood Assembly" (on the corner of Nine Mile Rd. and Sherwood) but was officially known as Warren Truck Assembly Plant 2, and they did build trucks there before the motor homes. Seems to me, that after the big blocks ended in the cars they were still available for two years. Trenton Engine Plant made the 400 and 440 back then. This was before Toluca Engine(Mexico) built any engines for Dodge. Only the chassis were built and were shipped with a temporary steering wheel and fiberglass bucket seat to motor home manufacturers such as Champion. I believe it was in 1980, but I recall that the motor home plant was retooled for an International engine, something around 500+ cu. in.; I saw the tooling in the plant, but shortly thereafter the motor homes were discontinued altogether and the contents of "Sherwood" were purchased by and shipped to, Bishop Trucking in Dallas, Texas. I do not have a picture of motor home chassis but I know I have pictures somewhere of a Dodge cab over built at "Sherwood" in the middle 1970's. It was a tilt cab with a Cummins Super 250 diesel. In those days Dodge used Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, Cummins for their Heavy Truck operations. Speaking of diesels, it is true that there was a Mitsubishi 6 cyl. diesel used in "light duty" Dodge Trucks, probably D100 only, for (as I remember), one year only. This was a poorly conceived and clumsy foray into diesel trucks for Dodge.