Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I used windshield urethane on mine.

Bad idea

Hoods,deck lids ,roofs and doors need something that stays soft yet still being able to stay bonded and be able to expand and contract in varying temperatures without causing ripples,waves and dimples in outer skin.

Do not use seam sealer or windshield urethane if you want your body panels to stay straight especially after months of sweat and blood in body & paint.

Just curious......did you actually try using windshield urethane and have problems or is it just something that you think might give me trouble?

From what I understand, windshield urethane has excellent bonding strength and is flexible enough to allow for thermal expansion which prevents windshields from exploding during temperature changes.

I also have a friend that used it to bond his hood about 4 years ago with no problems at all. Of course....his white car up in Canada isn't going to see the same heat that perhaps a black car in Florida would see.

To answer your question,no. I never tried using windshield urethane that is made for installing windshields to bond/glue hood,roof,door skin simply because it is not made for that type of application. Surely there are people who used Liquid Nails,silicone,bath tub caulk,Great Stuff,e.t.c. and they might even claim that it all worked. But truly,if all of those cars were done to a high quality standards,I guarantee that under certain lighting conditions and varying temperatures as well as age those bonded areas will show.

Bottom line is ,if you want piece of mind ,always use appropriate material that is developed for specific application and you won't have a problem.