Panic stop a 3500# car

Semi panic vid at #3250 at over 120mph, nitrous explosion, the stop was pretty smooth in the vid, but the front rotors were purple after this stop.

My brakes never lock, but with both feet on the ped I can almost get them to, I like it that way, with the bias adjustment.

With 4 wheel disc and good bias I was lucky, id say one more second at wot and id not of made the stop before the fire station.

My frame rails are braced from the front to the trans tunnel mount where the cage and frame connectors meet.

Yes this was very foolish on my part, but as a street car I run it hard...could I have stopped the car with oem brakes, susp?.... I dont think so, but thats pure speculation on my part.

No doubts the f body oem front has alot to be desired but I feel im in the small% that can use the RMS system as a true upgrade.

It was hard to spend more on a front end unit when many f body cars sell for.

J body, you had more front end travel with your oem front end, but you gain the adjustability and the ease of it. As the springs are only 9 inchs tall and take at least 2 out for adjustment and what the coils take up. But well worth it. Some run 350# for the track, I like #300 and as known the caltrack/monos lift on launch vs squat.

I was very lucky that day, a few hurt parts and some paint work and all was good.

The only mod I did with my alterk was to mount the steering arm eyelet on the frame rail va as placed on the unit.

I do inspect the unit each time everything else gets checked, the only thing ive had to keep an eye on is the lower control arm shaft bolts on each end I re locktight them from time to time and yes the set screw is tight on the shaft.

Panic stop and then some, but really with a pretty well built car and staying calm only the vid makes me skiddish....

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589...rent=RTWEB1.mp4