Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I used a scarebird conv. on my 67 b-body...worked like a charm,no problems..the instructions w/ my kit had me use (god..i hate to say this)cheby truck calipers,eldorado brake hoses,and mid-70's grand fury hub/rotor..i was sceptic at first,but everything fit fine..

I've got this same setup on my '67 b-body, and wasn't impressed.

I had to machine the plates to fit around the lower ball joint, had to have some spacers made for the oil seals to fit into the fury rotors once their bearing spacer was in place.

racerAL, what master cylinder are you using?

....I
am using a mid 80's reliant/k-car master cylinder.it resembles the MP piece but half the $.as a matter of fact i'am using the MP adapter.it fits perfect.i also use a in-line adjustable porpotioning (sp) valve,i can adjust the front and rear brake ballast.i'am not sure about how well this would work on the street ...but i have had NO problems stopping my 3400# car from the mid-11's at 120 or so..Also, i looked at my instr. sheet that came with the kit,and closer9 was correct.they had changed the kits.my kit came with the spacers and had been changed for ball joint fit,and also used mid 90's chevy truck calipers(2wd).

Thanks!

I'll look into that MC and the MP adapter. That may make all the difference...

I was always told not to use FWD MC.. how did yours work out?

Why not?

BTW, I have a SSBC in-line prop-valve in the rear line.

Last edited by closer9; 09/17/08 12:31 PM.

Daily:
'19 Frontier 4WD
Belle:
'67 Belvedere Convertible, 318/727 in Go ManGo!
Other:
'64 C10, 283/3 on the tree