Quote:

One reason I think it may work is because some overspray is still sticking to the collectors from when the car was painted. That's not high temp paint - just a catalyzed urethane auto paint. It hasn't peeled or blistered off in about 2 years.
One guy replied back that I should prep as though the headers were bare. I usually scuff bare metal tubes with a Scotchbrite pad, clean them really well and then shoot them with high temp paint. Same thing for the ceramic coating? Don't know how hard that coating really is. Maybe it would be better to lighty sandblast?

Try the Scotch-Brite. I usually start with something like ~120 grit to scuff bare metal. All you need is enough scuff for the paint to mechanically bond to but if you use high temp paint, it will need to "bake on" (the first time you run the engine) to cure anyways.

Ryan "Bigs" '73 Duster (BLKDUST) - Black, 100% factory sheet metal, flat hood, 346 cid, J Heads, and a bench seat. http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/bigsbigelow/ Best to date: 12.40 @ 109 mph