Quote:

Dale where the heck have you been ? There is different sizes that the factory uses. Basically the fuse link is a smaller piece of wire then the circuit is so it will burn out first in case of a short before the larger wire in the rest of the circuit. I have never seen exact #'s on the amout of amps it takes to burn them out. But I would guess that a 20 gauge fuse link will only take about 30 amps. The heater circuit uses a larger one like 16 or 14 gauge as they can draw 25 amps on high speed so I would think about 40 or a tad more amps would burn it out. Course when you get a dead short it will pump alot of amps thru it and burn out real fast. Ron

Howdy, Ron!

I've just been busy working like crazy and raising a family. Haven't had the time to mess around with the cars too much, but things are finally letting up a little and I'm back in the garage. I actually took the Challenger out yesterday and made a couple beat passes. That was nice.

Thanks for the great response. The fusible link that should be in the harness connected to my starter relay... isn't! I know I can just go buy a little blue wire from Year One for $20, but I was contemplating putting in a durable fuse holder instead. Then I realized that I had no idea how much current it took to burn that wire out. I had one go on my `68 Road Runner a few decades back and had a tough time rigging something so I could get home again. Just thought I might modernize that one safety feature of my harness for easier serviceability.

Dale