Quote:

Well, a 383 is not going to like all that fuel so you'll likely want to jet them down a mile, a better combo would be a pair of 500cfm Edelbrocks (1803's). They are factory calibrated for small engines and mild dual quad applications. You will have all of the same linkage, air cleaner, and fuel line issues to deal with but it seems that in your case (custom) that's less problematic.

^^^Good advise^^^^

I have to say I like Eddie carbs. And I do have to say the electric choke models are more for stock motors are are lean from the factory.

I have had a 1405 with fuel in it since 1984 on a 340 and am still using the same carb today.

Lastly I have to recomend leaded race gas if your gonna store your car for long periods like I did. This 1405 sat in my garage on my 340 in my car from 1986-2003 always with 110 leaded race gas. I started it on the average or every 8-9 months during those 17 years and it always started.

I tune mine all the time because I take my car nowadays all over the country to drive it. Were at 800' in Cincinnati and Reno NV(have family nearby)and places out west are 6000'+, can't leave it like it is like when were in Cincinnati.
And you all mostly know that I've driven it to top of Pikes Peaks at 14000+' twice so far, it's got to be close(jetting) to make it up that monster mountain.
Yup it's been a good carb to me.

One wrong move....