Quote:

Never could quite understand why they would make the 3.23 open rear the "standard" axle. I know it was a way to aqueeze some more money out of the buyer, but many actually wound up being delivered in this fashion. Having driven my share of so eqiuipped cars, its a laughable slip fest-even on bone stockers. All I can think of is how the hell did people drive these cars in snow, or even rain, for that matter back in the old days?.

MB

Long about 10-15 years ago i looked at a '69 HEMI RR, it was and automatic with 8 3/4 rear. It was also a 323 open rear!!!! Can you imagine a HEMI with open rear??? I called the guy all the next day to buy it, never got a hold of him when cell phones didn't work so well in buildings. So i go over with cash in hand and someone i know just bought it 5 minutes before i got there!!! That was my LAST chance to own a real HEMI car at a great price(no motor or trans). I'll always kick myself in the rear til the end of my time for that move!!!

I'm the CARETAKER of Weinstats '69 440 'cuda registry and have 104 of the 360 cars to date. 84 fastbacks/20 coupes. Always looking for new(REAL M-code) '69 440 'cudas to add to the registry so drop me a note if any are found or known. This isn't a publicly released registry. Thanks, Dave