Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I KNOW there might be metal particles in the oil. I flushed as much as I could, and luckily there wasn't much on the oil plug magnet.

there MIGHT be ??

The reason there wasn't alot on the magnet is because it was recycled back into the engine , your oil pump is scored badly , you're lucky it didn't lock up and break it's drive shaft , the pistons below that one got the meatl on it and it's imbedded in the skirt and scored up the walls ...

Just run it till it

Don't be so quick with the death sentence. He's lucky, lucky because the wear is so smooth. The resulting particles have got to be very small--extremely small in fact--otherwise the wear would have been coarse.

This is a case where the particles may have done very little damage, and ended up as a paste in the oil filter.
I would definately cut open the filter out of curiosity.

That filter is LONG gone. The filter I took off yesterday had maybe 300 miles on it. I already dumped the oil into the pan, but just may cut it open out of curiosity.

Yeah I wouldn't call it dead quite yet. It reuns AWESOME and if I didn't have to re wire today, I would have fixed the seeping valve cover gasket.

Oh and oil pressure is 75 cold, 40 hot idle. She idles smooth and besides the hesitation, has a LOT more power. I even switched to electronic ignition. More on that later