Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

hi
just looking at the pic and it looks of front to rear to me ??
if so no machining is gona fix that , need a hole relocate ???

if i am wrong and it is side to side you can eliminate the .030 gaskets and just use the metal belly pan !
it will seal fine i have done it many times .
use a Small 1/6 bead of silicone around the port area on both sides and allow it to cure over night. make sure pan and head are oil free!
this will allow the intake to sit much further down in the valley so all holes line up !

what intake are you replacing ?

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^ Looking at the picture it gives the appearance of up and down but the manifold edge tells me you have the picture rotated !!!!!!!!!

Are these blocks and heads new to you ?

If this really is a sideways misalignment you have more than a bolt hole issue to contend with ... PORT MISALIGNMENT ...... CHAMBER TO BORE and with a 413 that could mean intake valves hitting the edge of the bore ????

The pics are of the last (4th) bolt hole closest to the firewall. The holes are directly opposite of each other, not on the same side.

Have had the 413 for 8 years now, previously an Edelbrock 440 Performer RPM manifold was on top. Ran great, with no leaks.

Will try to see how it lines up with no gaskets, valley pan only. If you guys are running with no gaskets without issues, then - assuming the holes line up - I feel better about doing the same. I've always run gaskets on previous intakes on different motors.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for the input.

So all you did was pull off the 4bbl and put on the 6pk ?

The TOP of the picture in the orientation above is closest to the firewall? If this is the case the problem is the intake is bolt holes are off on one side , you can sort of see it in the picture , the holes need to be dragged sideways if the orientation is as I think it is. I would be looking inside the intake at port alignment with a bore scope as the casting may be shifted ? Darg both holes sideways to split the difference ?

OR if this is a new intake send it back to the supplier and get another .

No. Firewall is to the left in the left picture, and to the right in the right picture.

That is correct.

'71 SSP - SOLD!