It was my daily driver from 1978 to 1986, except for about a year in 1979 when I hit a telephone pole, but that is another story! I "restored" it after that using Sherman and Associates terrible patch panel quarters and late model inner fenders, then put a 69 Road Runner engine in it after I cracked the original block. I painted the engine Chrysler Blue and put an Offy dual quad under hood manifold with new Carter 500's! I have very few pictures of when I got it, I was the third owner but the second owner got in for money owed to him when a friend went into the service, I paid $740 for it! He was a Ford guy and had a Mustang with a 427 Cammer in it, up to that point I had never seen one of those engines! He didn't want no damn Dodge cluttering up his driveway. When I bought the car it had a GT SPORT stripe on one side and a DART SWINGER stripe on the other. I asked him if it had been wrecked and he said his friend told him it came that way new! The build date is 3-29-69 which is a Friday. I always figured that the car was started on a Friday and finished on a Monday and the guy installing the stripes had a wild weekend and just put whatever stripe was laying around on the other side! Anyway, I had a huge dilemma when I put the stripe on but decided to fix the factory error. I have some real bad pics of both sides, and after I put some parts cars fenders and doors on it after it was wrecked.

7087969-MVC-006S(2).JPG (519 downloads)

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!