Quote:

I started out like most of you probably did in a 14/13 second car. I wanted to go faster and kept getting faster cars until I was in the high 7 second car. Then one day a good racing buddy said to me, “Some of guys were talking the other day about you and we came to the conclusion that you were having a whole lot more fun racing when you were running the 11 second car”. You know what they were right. Guess which car I’m racing now? That’s right; I parked the high 7 second car, pulled the 11 second car out of storage, put it on a weight reduction program, put a new engine and transmission in it, got it in to the 10s and am having a blast racing again. I race trophy class at the local out law track eight miles from my house. Test & Tune is $15 and that gets you into the trophy class. I race every Friday and Saturday, get as many passes as I want, burn E-85 to save on racing fuel. I spend around $80 a weekend to race two days. The maintenance cost on the 10 second car is a whole lot less than maintaining the high seven second car. I still travel to some of the MOPAR races. Quit racing, no way I’m 67 years old in good health and having a blast.

amen to that brother

i started running low 11s then 8s then dipped into the 7s. i see all these guys around me running 10 and 11 second cars having a blast. looked around a lot for a nice 10-11 car and couldn't find anything i liked. been thrashing on a 72 swinger that should run mid 11's and really looking forward to a lot less hassle and expense while increasing the fun factor.