Quote:

Couple of things....

Spray bombs, while easiest to use, are NOT going to be that durable. Hot fuel, brakeclean, or just about any solvent will lift the paint.

As someone earlier posted. Best to spray some Acrylic enamel out of a gun. The important thing I found is that with engines, you need to use a gloss hardener. This will make the paint just about bulletproof. It will be shinier than most, but also much easier to clean. Nice thing about acrylic enamel is if you chip it or have to partialy tear the motor down you can touch it up with a brush with good results.

Oh, and one more thing... If you dont have or dont want to bother with the pro spray gun and paraphernalia, you can use a PreVal sprayer, available at Napa for 5 bucks. Its a sprayer that is self contained and you just fill the jar with paint/thinner/hardener and spray away. Throw it all out when done. I wouldnt paint a car with it, but you can get good results spraying and engine with it.

Good Luck.

MB

I'd have to side with Mike B. on this, I too, like to use acrylic enamel with gloss hardner to paint engines, I usually prefer Dupont's Centari line of acrylic enamel,....any color you desire is available...I prefer a medium to heavy wet coat of paint on the engine, I've never had any issues with burn off, or peeling, but a clean surface is a must, i do apply an acid etchant primer base before painting to get some"bite" on the surface though

Mike