Quote:

Quote:

Ran 15x7 trim rings on my 15x8 Rallyes and they were fine. My wheels and rings came from Summit, Wheel Vintiques.

These look great. What is the backspacing of the rims?
I've been reading posts on this all day and it seems everyone else who has put the 15x7 trim ring on a 15x8 has had a gap. I can't understand why yours don't? Am I missing something?

I just bought a pair of 15 x 8 (4-1/2" backspace) Road wheel from Classic Industries. I also bought the 15 x 7 trim ring but it fits like crap. The gap is over 1"! And the exposed part of the rim is black instead of chrome... so the black reflects off the chrome (of the spokes) and makes it look even more black down around the edge of the inner part of the wheel. I'm lost. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

(In case anyone is wondering, I'm trying to copy the look of the 14x6 road wheel with brushed rings, but with a bigger wheel)

First 15x8 with 4.5 back space will leave 3.5 to the front so you will end up with about a 3/4" gap.
The rims are supposed to have Black rings if you are mimicking Road Wheels.

A 15x7 rim from factory is 4 1/4 BS I believe so that would leave 2 3/4 front. That's why 15x7 trim rings leave no space, if you measured a correct 15x7 ring it is 2 3/4 not 3". Going by memory here so don't shoot the messenger!!!
Ron