Quote:

Where to start...

The second batch 69 Barracuda Finish Panels are due to be finished around the end of March. Sounds like the new girls up front are padding the estimated completion date a little, after the last one lapsed.

We had some troubles getting our materials from our metal suppliers in a timely manor for these parts. When you are not placing a $100,000 order your orders tend to get bumped. Plain and simple.

The 67 GTX finish panels are in production right now. We have also been waiting on a metal supplier for these as well. When we finally got them in and sent them out for CNC milling, they were returned without a portion being milled off. (The relief at either end, on the rear side.) They were sent back for another month of delay. They are in house now, and are being stamped at this time.

We set our time tables up based on estimated production dates, plus a little wiggle room. Sometimes our logistics really kill the estimates due to issues outside of our control.

The stamped and extruded items are done in house as much as possible, and the larger items are done at facilities in the US. It is the new E-Body door panels that are made overseas, and were the items waiting on shipment the last few months.

Pre-Orders are taken before a product is finished, and normally come with free shipping. There is always a risk of a product taking longer to finish than estimated, but you are taking that risk to guaranty getting the product as soon as it is available, and to ensure you get one before we sell out. If you are unsatisfied with the unforeseen extra completion time, ask for a refund.

We are not a dealer, we are a manufacturer who sells to other companies and to the public.

Here are some pictures of the 67 GTX panels in the shop right now. They are setting up the depth for the lettering on a flawed piece. They guy working on this isn't in the shop right now right now, as he is dropping off a cargo trailers worth of e-body panels to Roseville right now.

Finally, some info. I don't mean to start trouble, but it would have been good to know all this in the first place. I was never told anything about possible delays and when I experienced them I was told at least 3 different times that I could expect my tail panel in March, May and "to call back this summer". Also, the "girls up front" had no trouble calling me to tell me that it was time to pay. Why couldn't they make that same phone call to let me know that there would be a substantial delay when they found out????? Seems reasonable to me.
Again, I'm not trying to be difficult, just thought you and your(?) company might like to know how bad some of the customer service has been. I am very eagerly awaiting my tail panel. My car has been without one since December. I will update this thread to be fair when I finally recieve it. Thanks for letting me vent......
Sincerely, Cory Franklin(paid Dec. 7th)

63 Plymouth savoy
65 d100
66 dart race project
58 plymouth suburban