Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rubber lca bushings are preferred(don't think poly is even available anymore).
-Daty

"preferred" or accepted? And what about "delrin" LCA bushings?

Poly lcas failed miserabibly. Great idea, wore out too quickly, Don't know about delrin, it came out about the same time I built my front end. A little gunshy, rubber worked great for me, just don't tighten it before you get it on the ground. As far as handling, rubber below, Moog offset up top on stock lca's you're golden. Wish Moog made poly for the top, that would have worked very well, less movement.

-Daty

I have the same Poly LCA bushing I put on in 1997. We looked at them last year when we put the Hotchkis TVS stuff on and Hotchkis said just reuse them. And there were new poly LCA bushings setting right there in thier kit we didn't use.

Now...I had a horrible time making the Mopar poly LCA bushings fit to "what I thought was right" in 1997.

They did not want to press in by hand with a lot of force. I had to turn down the OD of the poly bushing and polished and enlarged the ID of the old rubber bushing casing.

I also polished the LCA pin shaft too. Then all of that was slather with that special snotty translucent poly bushing grease they give you. I actually bought a seperate mini container of that grease.

IMHO, I bet a lot of people don't go to that effort to get the poly LCA to fit right if they have issues like or near what I did. I also know people that didn't have any ploblems slipping the bushing in. I believe that is because different manufactures of rubber LCA bushings might have different metal casing thinknesses. Also they are not designed to have the ID of the casing as a critical dimension. But when we put poly bushing in there it becomes critical.

Energy Suspension now sells complete poly bushing assemblies for most all applications with metal casings and all(excect Mopar LCA's). BUT before that you had bear poly bushings to put in the old rubber casings.

In about 1988 Dick Guldstand had those bare poly bushing like that for all Corvette, Camero, and GM A-body applications. I remember installing them in our GM A-body racecar that my High School shop teacher had. But a couple of years later Guldstand totally sold Energy kits. They said so many people had issues fitting the bare bushings that they switched to selling all Energy stuff where they could.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 01/20/12 07:05 PM.