In 1989 I put KYB shocks in my lowered 76 Camaro. I already had Trans Am sway bars and 225-50-15 tires on it. The KYBs firmed up the ride even with the stock springs and the car handled better than any other car that I had driven, even an 86 IROC Z28.
Here I am, 22 years later with the '70 Charger, a car that is far superior to the Camaro in every way EXCEPT the handling. When I rebuilt the suspension I went with what I was familiar with... KYB shocks. I must have been on an island or something because the more that I look, the more I read that nobody with a hot handling Mopar LIKES these shocks. Mr Angry suggests the Edelbrock IAS shocks and considering his reputation, I consider this good advice. I'm curious to read opinions and experiences from members that switched from KYBs to the more expensive shocks. What sort of improvements can I expect to see? Is it possible to see a better ride while reducing the tendency to skip across bumpy patches of crappy pavement? I'm not against spending money if there are gains to be had.