Drained 12qts of oil out of a 10qt pan and filter..

Couldn't possibly have sucked the pan dry..

Question

Could losing oil pressure at top end be attributed to the bypass valve in oil pump cover??

Pressure came up immediately after lifting at top end..

Chris..

Evidently your motor did suck the pan dry just before your driver lifted at the top end I have had oil pressure issues with the bypass valve sticking in the pump cover, it was not a intermittent now and then RPM related problem. It was stuck or it wasn't I have seen my motor lose oil pressure momentarily at the end of a run when the oil level was down a quart, I know a lot of other racers with big oil pans say that it is normal for there motors to lose oil pressure at the other end when they lift, so they shut the motor off and put it into nuetral Which oil pan and how many quarts are you running in it now? Something is amiss I fear, having ten quarts in and twelve quarts come out Usually it is the other way around, especially on a new motor or one that has ben apart all the way and reassembled and reused the first time The new oil fills all the nooks and crannys as well as th all the oil passages don't drain back

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)