Quote:

The performer intake is a pretty good intake. I have the #3776 which just has the EGR on my 360 truck engine. The port at the gasket surface is sized for a 318 head, but when I went to gasket match my intake, the 318 size was actually reduced from the true port size of the intake (true runner size is about same as the 360 port. I think maybe 1/2" deep gasket match opened the intake up to the 360/340 port size.
$70 is a good deal if it's in decent shape.

the performer has the 360 size runners but necks down at the head port to a 318 size port.

gasket matching it about 2" into the runners will open it up to the 340/360 port size

its basicly same as a stock intake just lighter,they work good on a mild build for street duty.

the next step up would be the LD4B or a LD340 intake,these intakes are night and day compaird to a performer intake.

I could not believe the differance when i swaped to a LD4B on my 360 headed 318,mind you it even had the port mismatch size useing the LD4B on 360 heads...but what a differance it made.

keep an eye out for one of these intakes and upgrade later like i did,both work well with the LD getting the

a good stock cast iron intake will be just as good as the performer also,and it will have the large 360 ports all the way to the gasket.

all 4-v 318s got the 360 heads and the stock large port intakes,I just swaped a stock cast iron intake onto my 91 318 with the small port #302 heads,you wont notice the mix match on the port unless you are looking for every little bit you can get out of the combo on a time slip. it will work fine for street duty.